Join Our Team
- See the latest vacancies and learn more about why you should work for us
Global Markets Analyst
- Location:USA, working remotely
- Type:Full-time, permanent
- Salary:Dependent on experience
- Reports To:Vice President, Global Markets
Global Markets Analyst
For more than 20 years, Natural Capital Partners has been at the forefront of providing environmental solutions for corporates striving to meet their emission reduction targets, support renewable energy and have a positive impact on the environment and communities. In April 2021, Natural Capital Partners merged with ClimateCare to form a world-leading solutions provider for companies and organisations looking to meet ambitious climate goals. The combination, which was organised by Averna Capital, brings together an unrivalled corporate client base with industry-leading project development capabilities and growth capital, to scale the ambition to reduce emissions and transform the global economy.
The combined company has been responsible for the reduction of more than 100 million tonnes of CO2e and will have access to upwards of 600 projects reducing and removing emissions across 56 countries. The team works with more than 500 clients across six continents, including Microsoft, VMWare, Bain and Company, PwC, Salesforce and MetLife. We deliver products and services that are tailored to meet our clients’ goals, including carbon credits, Energy Attribute Certificates (GOs, RECs, I-RECs and more), renewable gas, avoided deforestation and reforestation. Our product and service offerings must continually evolve to provide the full range of solutions for our corporate client base.
Throughout 2021 will be selectively expanding the portfolio of carbon assets we develop. We will focus primarily on nature-based solutions, an area of deep expertise within our Global Markets team. This capability set, combined with our industry-recognized sales and marketing expertise and strong client base, has resulted in Natural Capital Partners receiving the Best Offset Retailer award from Environmental Finance for the last 10 consecutive years, voted for by our peers and project partners across the world. Our more than 20 years of success in the emission reduction marketplace is evidenced by our consistent ability to generate and capture demand while delivering meaningful carbon finance to projects. We are uniquely positioned to create new nature-based carbon assets and we are excited to be expanding our team to deliver this future.
We are seeking a Global Markets Analyst, located in the United States to work remotely as part of our Global Markets group. The successful candidate will work closely to provide technical and commercial support for colleagues, project partners, and existing and prospective clients. The individual will conduct supplier and project level due diligence, provide technical analyses of emerging emission reduction approaches, evaluate project impacts, negotiate supply agreements, and manage instrument delivery and fulfilment. The role involves working cross functionally with all operating groups at Natural Capital Partners and ClimateCare, including Global Markets, Sales and Marketing, and Finance, to ensure the company originates the best climate solutions.
This role reports to and collaborates closely with the Vice President, Global Markets on a variety of strategic and operational initiatives that touch all departments of the organization. In addition, the individual will collaborate with the Sales and Marketing teams to build instrument portfolios that our clients value, and work closely with the Finance team to ensure the instruments deliver our financial and reporting targets.
The successful candidate will be a creative thinker who will help shape the development of the climate solutions portfolio, based on technical understanding and business acumen. The role requires expertise across climate solutions and how these are organized within the carbon standards, plus a commitment and willingness to become an expert in new and emerging methodologies.
- Sourcing Energy Attribute Certificates, including but not limited to NA RECs, UK REGOs, European GOs, I-RECs and new EAC products in emerging markets.
- Conduct technical due diligence and impact evaluation on projects.
- Educate colleagues as appropriate, translating technical aspects of EAC projects.
- Monitoring price data on a regular basis to inform purchasing and pricing decisions.
- Managing EAC product label relationships including audits for product labels such as Green-e Energy and EKOenergy.
- Contribute to preparation of submissions to Requests for Proposals.
- Collaborate with Marketing to create project collateral.
- Develop new supply leads by tracking registry listings, identifying potential project partners, and responding to inbound inquiries.
- Structure and negotiate commercial contracts with supply partners and managing the delivery of the related EACs across the various tracking system registries.
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure streamlined instrument delivery, supplier payment, and reporting.
- Maintaining data integrity while managing external EAC registries.
- Work independently and travel internationally as part of project due diligence efforts.
Candidate attributes include:
- 2-3 years of experience in energy attribute certificate markets.
- Sound knowledge of different international EAC markets.
- Experience in researching information from divergent sources and compiling it into a cohesive reporting structure.
- Ability to solve complex problems and make challenging decisions, based on sound judgement and analytical techniques.
- Self-starting, independent worker who thrives in a decentralized organization with limited oversight.
- A consultative approach, interpersonal and influencing skills, an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to motivate and drive cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office products – especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- National of, or holder of, a valid required work visa in the United States.
The success of the role will be measured against targets relating to technical and commercial support for internal and external stakeholders.
To apply for this role, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com , mentioning Global Markets Analyst in the subject line.
We help organisations turn their climate responsibilities into positive impacts by supporting projects that cut carbon and improve people’s lives.
150+ years combined industry experience
43 million tonnes co2e avoided or removed