Join Our Team
- See the latest vacancies and learn more about why you should work for us
Head of Relationship Management
- Location:Oxford/London, UK, or fully remote working, US
- Type:Full-time, permanent
- Salary:Dependent on experience
ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners have recently merged and are expanding their Portfolio Management & Global Markets team to support the company’s rapid growth.
For more than 20 years, both companies have been at the forefront of delivering the highest-quality solutions to make real change possible: reducing carbon emissions, generating renewable energy, building resilience in supply chains, conserving and restoring forests and biodiversity, and improving health and livelihoods.
In April 2021, ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners merged to form the world-leading solutions provider for companies and organisations looking to meet ambitious climate goals. The combination, which was organised by Averna Capital, brings together an unrivalled corporate client base with industry-leading project development capabilities and growth capital, to scale the ambition to reduce emissions and transform the global economy.
The combined company has been responsible for the reduction of more than 100 million tonnes of CO2e and will have access to upwards of 600 projects reducing and removing emissions across 56 countries. The team works with more than 500 clients across six continents, including Microsoft, Sky, Logitech, Bain and Company, PwC, Salesforce and MetLife, providing the solutions to deliver on their ambitious carbon neutral and net zero goals.
This newly created role will oversee the relationship management with selected key suppliers (exclusives and preferred partners) covering a global remit. We are looking for someone who can ensure the best commercial and legal terms for the business, whilst maintaining and nurturing long-lasting relationships.
Reporting on progress, identify where we’re missing, attend to the high calibre suppliers
- Steers the strategy and prioritisation of relationships, provides reports internally to the rest of business on the status
Manage Suppliers’ Accounts & Build Trusted Relationships:
- Assigns the key points of contact for each partner Provides strategic guidance and advice to key project partners on project pricing,
- and provides them with market updates
- Seeks to improve the commercial and legal terms with current partners
- Stays on top of contracts, exclusivity deadlines & negotiates renewals
- Liaises with the fulfilment team and assures correct inventory management
- Informs the Proposals and Sales teams about the needs for selling particular projects faster to ensure the best outcomes for the relationships with the project owners)
- Regularly updates internal teams about project price changes.
- Compiles regular lists of milestones, such as e.g. issuances from projects and communicates effectively to other internal teams to inform their priorities
- Provides regular reports on market pricing and volumes, and other insights
- Supports the Proposals team in managing the projects' information and delivery timing
- Assures the projects we partner with are of top quality by coordinating the preliminary due diligence
Leadership & Mentoring
- Internal team leadership, provide mentoring and coaching to junior team members; support their development and be a source of constructive feedback, knowledge share, ideas and experience
You will have:
- Significant experience in leading and owning relationship management at decision maker level (who come from all sectors: NGOs, business owners, governmental organisations, land owners)
- Track record of achieving good commercial outcomes
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Dealing with conflict to resolve concerns
- Negotiation skills
- Understanding of the voluntary carbon market and the key principles of the voluntary carbon standards
To be considered for the role, please apply here.
We help organisations turn their climate responsibilities into positive impacts by supporting projects that cut carbon and improve people’s lives.
150+ years combined industry experience
43 million tonnes co2e avoided or removed