Join Our Team
- See the latest vacancies and learn more about why you should work for us
Nature Based Solutions Technical Manager (International)
- Type:Full-time, permanent
- Reports To:Director of Nature-Based Solutions
Are you a technical specialist in Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) or Natural Climate Solutions (NCS)? An exciting opportunity to be the Technical Lead for ClimateCare's International NBS project development portfolio is now available.
This role as a NBS Technical Manager, reporting into the Director of Nature-Based Solutions and working closely with experienced NBS Commercial Managers and Portfolio Management colleagues, will lead the due diligence of projects (from early development through to post-issuance stages) and lead on Carbon Asset Development through to validation, verification. You will take a lead role in the issuance of high integrity carbon credits from international projects with credible partners.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the due diligence of both NBS project development opportunities and operating projects from which ClimateCare is sourcing VCUs
- Being the technical lead and keeping up to date with changes in voluntary carbon standards (including emerging jurisdictional standards) and inform ClimateCare's approach to managing risk and securing optionality as standards and international policies (e.g. the implementation of the Paris agreement) continue to evolve.
- Supporting origination and screening of project development, helping to set the criteria for what 'good' looks like
- Leading carbon asset development for projects, working closely with local partners, from Project Design Documentation through validation to verification and issuance
- Ongoing oversight of operational projects to ensure performance, delivery and reporting
This is an exciting opportunity to join the UK's leading B Corporation that is growing rapidly, and you will be at the centre of the propositions driving that growth in this highly innovative and rapidly evolving market.
You will have:
- Significant experience in NBS / NCS project development or a related role
- Knowledgeable about key elements of the carbon development process such as baselining, field data collection and analysis, GIS, calculation of carbon benefits, forest and biomass inventories, biodiversity mapping and community engagement
- Demonstrable experience in preparing Project Design Documents for VCS/CCB, Gold Standard and potentially other recognised standards, through to validation, monitoring and verification
- experience in multiple NBS pathways and protocols (e.g. avoidance and removals) and an understanding of performance and delivery risks
- Experience working with local implementation partners such as NGOs and private companies
If you are a technical professional with the ability to find pragmatic solutions, challenge partners constructively, drive action and have a passion for accelerating Nature-Based Solutions, please contact Mandy Avis, Head of HR, for more details.
We help organisations turn their climate responsibilities into positive impacts by supporting projects that cut carbon and improve people’s lives.
150+ years combined industry experience
43 million tonnes co2e avoided or removed