Join Our Team
- See the latest vacancies and learn more about why you should work for us
- Location:Oxford, UK
- Type:Full-time, permanent
Start date: May/June 2021
ClimateCare is dedicated to tackling climate change and improving lives. We aim to make our world a climate neutral one – where everyone takes full responsibility for their carbon footprint.
We help organisations take responsibility for their climate impact by financing, developing, and managing carbon reduction projects across the world. Based in Oxford and Nairobi, ClimateCare helped create the voluntary carbon market and pioneered carbon finance for community development projects. We deliver some of the largest carbon offsetting programmes in the world.
Leading organisations and governments trust us to solve complex climate and sustainability issues. With us by their side, they can be confident on their journey to Net Zero.
As an award-winning profit with purpose Certified B Corporation, we’re recognised as setting the highest standards. Values and integrity are at the heart of all we do – just as they have been since we were founded in 1997. These values are underpinned by strong environmental credentials, a commercial focus on risk management and a proud record of delivering outstanding results for our clients.
Find out more at www.climatecare.org
Follow us on Twitter: @ClimateCare
This is a diverse role which involves balancing the day-to-day task of keeping the office running smoothly, while working with the senior leadership team to ensure ClimateCare’s tools and processes are fit for purpose as the company expands. This is an opportunity to provide operational support to a company experiencing rapid growth.
You will be:
- Organising team building events, strategy days, and company socials – sometimes these will involve our Nairobi team too.
- Researching new technology and systems to streamline and improve information sharing and key processes within the organisation.
- Helping to raise ClimateCare’s profile as a net-zero leader by researching initiatives to join. Ensuring ClimateCare keeps its status as one of the UK’s leading B Corp’s by reporting on our impact and recommending improvements to our operations.
- Find new office spaces for ClimateCare in Oxfordshire and London, and manage the relocation and renovations process.
- Managing the day to day running of our office including post, utilities, cleaners, security and answering the phone.
- Leading on procurement of office supplies and ordering a weekly food shop for staff lunches.
- Overseeing the office IT infrastructure such as printers, laptops and screens, and managing the relationship with our IT providers.
- Working with our Head of HR to ensure staff receive necessary GDPR training and onboard new staff with phones, laptops and office supplies. While we are working from home, this will be done remotely.
- Performing general admin and streamlining administrative processes where necessary.
- Provide ad hoc diary management and personal assistance to directors.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years’ experience of managing an office or operations/administration experience.
- Confidence with IT infrastructure as well as a working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to prioritise: ClimateCare is going through a period of hypergrowth and there is always more to do. Being able to prioritise and communicate your capacity upwards is vital to success.
- Pro-active attitude: The most successful candidates will proactively identify areas to add value, strive to exceed targets and come up with creative solutions to problems.
- Strong character and personable: You will be confident getting things done and making your voice heard internally. Building close internal and external relationships will be crucial to success with ClimateCare.
- A good communicator: Internal and external communication is a key part of this role. Having a clear, coherent writing style and being able to summarise complex information succinctly to the senior leadership team is essential.
- A stickler for detail: Getting the detail right – in both numerical and written forms – is how we have built our reputation for best quality delivery in the market. Supporting our operations requires the same commitment to detail and rigour.
- An interest in climate change and associated environmental issues is preferred, but not essential. Candidates who fit the specification but have no prior experience in the sustainability sector are encouraged to apply.
Apart from the opportunity to contribute towards our goals you will be working with an inspiring and inclusive group of professionals who share a passion and drive for tackling climate change at scale.
You will benefit from a cycle to work scheme, lunch at the office, a competitive salary and pension scheme, training opportunities and an induction programme to build your understanding of carbon markets and introduce you to the teams and ways of working within ClimateCare.
Please send us your CV and a cover letter (max 1 page) covering:
- What is it about you that makes you a perfect fit for the ClimateCare team?
- Your earliest possible start date.
Use the subject line: ClimateCare Office Manager 2021 – [NAME]
Email to: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is Monday 10th May. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
Applications will follow a two-stage virtual interview process. The second stage may involve some short competency exercises and interviews with senior directors.
ClimateCare have assessed that these roles would not be eligible for overseas sponsorship.
We help organisations turn their climate responsibilities into positive impacts by supporting projects that cut carbon and improve people’s lives.
150+ years combined industry experience
43 million tonnes co2e avoided or removed