Join Our Team
- See the latest vacancies and learn more about why you should work for us
Carbon Portfolio Analyst
- Location:Oxford, UK
- Type:Full-time, permanent
- Reports To:Head of Portfolio Management
A rare opportunity has arisen for an outstanding individual to join ClimateCare’s Portfolio Team as a Carbon Portfolio Analyst with the opportunity to progress within the team and business at an exciting point in the voluntary carbon market.
This is a pivotal team sitting in between the voluntary carbon supply market of projects and our client teams and wholesale clients. The team works with our extensive network of international carbon project partners and suppliers to match up available credits from different carbon offset projects with clients’ footprint requirements. Bespoke portfolios, including different volumes of carbon credits from such projects are generated by the Portfolio Manager, working closely with the client managers, considering all commercial, timing, risk and contractual elements. Once successful the team will contract and fulfil sales once they are agreed, managing the movement of the carbon credits. In order to propose successful project portfolios, the Portfolio team must maintain our extensive project networks and information about the projects and manage our relationships with our vital on the ground project partners. We also work with other market intermediaries to sell our exclusive partner projects’ credits to the wholesale market.
The Portfolio Analyst will support the Portfolio Managers in all their functions, with a particular focus on managing all elements of market analysis, improving processes for control and efficiency, providing analytical and admin assistance. Portfolio Analysts will have the opportunity to progress into wider roles within the team.
This is a critical and growing area of the business providing wide insight into the carbon market: if you believe you have the right skills and are ready to deliver results and generate impacts, then we would be keen to hear from you.
- Assist with monitoring and tracking of existing client’s portfolios and management of project inventory and provision of information to the team and to the wider business
- Carry market intel analysis, price benchmarking and generate other regular reports
- Provide administrative and analytical support to produce all carbon or other portfolio proposals by Portfolio Managers to meet client needs and deadlines. This may include running due diligence on projects, project discovery exercises, updating information and proposal trackers, developing offer sheets, writing project factsheets, following market trends
- Provide the team with market pricing and trends reporting manipulating data into a digestible format
- Assist with running project and counterparty due diligence checks
- Manage and keep up to date the flow of all project information required by the wider teams
- Provide support on offers, tracking & forecasting administration
- Collate information on offers, sales and forecast management and respond to information requests
- Assist in management of project information and generation of project fact sheets
- Co-ordinate the early steps in fulfilment of project buy-side transactions and wholesale sell-side transactions. Develop to manage onboarding counterparties, running KYC (Know Your Customer) checks, contracting and managing trade documentation.
- Degree educated in a scientific, environmental or numerate subject
- Experience of excel, developing spreadsheets
- At least one year’s experience working in an analytical or support capacity
- An eye for detail and highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage high workflow to meet deadlines to deliver results in a pressured environment
- Ability of developing and managing systems and procedures
- Ability to build rapport and deal with people
- Ability to think commercially
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player and able to adapt to the needs of the team
- Must have at least a basic understanding of the voluntary carbon market
Do you share our passion and values? Think you’re the perfect addition to our team? Send us your CV and a one-page covering letter explaining why you want to join us and why you’re the right fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate you applied in response to this website post. We look forward to hearing from you.
We help organisations turn their climate responsibilities into positive impacts by supporting projects that cut carbon and improve people’s lives.
150+ years combined industry experience
43 million tonnes co2e avoided or removed