Join Our Team
- See the latest vacancies and learn more about why you should work for us
- Location:Oxford/London, UK, or fully remote, US
- Type:Full-time, permanent
- Salary:Dependent on experience
ClimateCare has recently merged with Natural Capital Partners and is expanding its Portfolio Management team to support the company’s rapid growth.
For more than 20 years, both companies have been at the forefront of delivering the highest quality solutions to make real change possible: reducing carbon emissions, generating renewable energy, building resilience in supply chains, conserving and restoring forests and biodiversity, and improving health and livelihoods.
In April 2021, ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners merged to form the world-leading solutions provider for companies and organisations looking to meet ambitious climate goals. The combination, which was organised by Averna Capital, brings together an unrivalled corporate client base with industry-leading project development capabilities and growth capital, to scale the ambition to reduce emissions and transform the global economy.
The combined company has been responsible for the reduction of more than 100 million tonnes of CO2e and will have access to upwards of 600 projects reducing and removing emissions across 56 countries. The team works with more than 500 clients across six continents, including Microsoft, Sky, Logitech, Bain and Company, PwC, Salesforce and MetLife, providing the solutions to deliver on their ambitious carbon neutral and net zero goals.
We are looking for two Portfolio Managers to join our global team. This role can be located in London, Oxford, or remote in the US.
The Portfolio Manager supports the Proposals sub-team in all their functions, with a particular focus on providing a steer to project sourcing, improving processes for control and efficiency, and managing risk.
- Creates or co-creates carbon or other portfolio proposals to meet client needs and deadlines. This may include running project discovery exercises, updating information and proposal trackers, developing offer sheets, supporting the writing of project fact sheets, following market trend, etc.
- Assists with monitoring and tracking of existing clients’ portfolios and management of project inventory and provision of information to the team and to the wider business
- Provides feedback to the Sourcing team, by identifying the mostly sought project types and locations
- Supports wholesale sell side transactions, including onboarding counterparties, takes responsibility of some accounts
- Assists in developing successful relationships with carbon projects’ WS buyers
- Educates colleagues as appropriate, translating technical aspects of emission reductions and offset criteria into project features with the Sales and Marketing teams
- Contributes to preparation of submissions to Requests for Proposals
- Structures and negotiates commercial contracts with supply partners
- 2 – 3 years of relevant work experience in a professional environment
- Commercial thinking
- Proven ability to work with systems and carry out data analysis within Excel
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Desire to progress a career in the carbon market
- Excellent time management and prioritisation
- Supports and mentors others
- Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, or cultures
- (Desirable) Basic understanding of the voluntary carbon market and the key principles of the voluntary carbon standards
To apply for this role, please submit your CV/resume and cover letter here.
We help organisations turn their climate responsibilities into positive impacts by supporting projects that cut carbon and improve people’s lives.
150+ years combined industry experience
100 million tonnes co2e avoided or removed by the group