Join Our Team
- See the latest vacancies and learn more about why you should work for us
- Location:Oxford, UK
- Type:Full-time, permanent
- Reports To:Head of Portfolio Management
Do you want to be at the centre of accelerating ClimateCare's international project development portfolio, building on their industry leading reputation as a voluntary carbon project developer?
We are looking to recruit a highly commercial and relationship-focused person to join a vibrant and growing team, working within the profit for purpose environmental and social impact company with high profile partners and clients.
Part of the Portfolio Management team, sitting between the carbon supply market of projects and our clients. This is a business development role with a target to grow and seal partnerships with carbon project developers/owners. Developing a strategic approach to portfolio building, you will also assess the business opportunities as well as risks involved.
About the Role
In this exciting newly created role, you will take a highly strategic approach to building the portfolio, assessing the opportunities and risks involved to ensure the best-in-class projects in the market.
This position requires commercial acumen, experience with legal contracts, and excellent network building skills. Our clients have a diverse and specific preferences for the carbon reducing projects in which they invest and support, typically requiring a portfolio of emission reduction credits from several projects.
The responsibilities in this role will include:
- Liaising with Portfolio Management as well as our sales team to understand the needs for project types and other criteria
- Identifying and reaching relevant carbon project developers and suppliers internationally, structuring and closing the deals with project developers, intermediaries and other companies active in carbon markets.
- Coordinating the due diligence on projects financial analysis, and negotiating the contracts
- Taking responsibility for developing relationships with new and existing clients
- Analysing client needs, gathering market intelligence and identifying industry trends
- Supporting the client services and business development teams in promoting the newly contracted projects
6 + years of experience with at least 3 years of a stakeholder-facing or sourcing role
Strong character and personable: Building and maintaining close relationships with suppliers will be crucial to success in this role
Commercially savvy: You have succeeded in generating new business opportunities, closing deals and meeting customer needs. You are strategic about the approaches you take.
A problem solver: Handling complex and sometimes unexpected challenges through an ability to identify, understand, and come up with creative solutions. Legal and contract management skills are a plus
Strong communication skills: You must be able to deliver engaging and high-quality proposals and presentations.
Pro-active attitude: The most successful candidates will demonstrate proactivity, strive to exceed targets, be willing to muck in and have a thirst to learn.
A strong interest in and working knowledge of climate change and carbon market and associated environmental issues. A technical understanding of carbon projects’ standards and methodologies is a plus.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the UK's leading B Corporation that is growing rapidly, and you will be at the centre of the propositions driving that growth in this highly innovative and rapidly evolving market. If you have the passion, enthusiasm and required skills for the job, please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasons to join the team
150+ years combined industry experience
43 million tonnes co2e avoided or removed