Join Our Team
- See the latest vacancies and learn more about why you should work for us
Carbon Project Analyst
- Location:Nairobi, Kenya. Flexible working arrangements can be discussed
- Type:Full-time, permanent
- Reports To:Carbon Asset Developers
ABOUT CLIMATECARE AND NATURAL CAPITAL PARTNERS
ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners is dedicated to tackling climate change and improving lives. It aims to make our world a climate neutral one – where everyone takes full responsibility for their carbon footprint.
ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners helps organisations take responsibility for their climate impact by financing, developing and managing carbon reduction projects across the world. Headquartered in Oxford, UK, with offices and people in Nairobi, London, USA, Sri Lanka, Guatemala, Brazil, Colombia and France, ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners helped create the voluntary carbon market and pioneered carbon finance for community development projects. Some of the largest carbon offsetting programmes in the world are delivered by ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners. We work with over 500 clients and over 600 projects around the world.
Leading organisations and governments trust ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners to solve complex climate and sustainability issues. With ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners by their side, they can be confident on their journey to Net Zero. Since 1997, ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners and its partners have cut over 100 million tonnes of CO₂ and improved quality of life for more than 46 million people around the world.
As an award-winning profit with purpose Certified B Corporation, ClimateCare is recognised as setting the highest standards. Values and integrity are at the heart of all we do – just as they have been since it was founded in 1997. These values are underpinned by strong environmental credentials, a commercial focus on risk management and a proud record of delivering outstanding results for clients.
ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners has ambitious plans to double its impact and scale. This is supported by new growth minded investors. We are looking to build our team with exceptional leaders who are excited and driven to shape and deliver this ambition.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-quality team in Kenya, and to contribute to the delivery of CAD and Project Development services. You will benefit from a highly collegiate, ‘one team’ working environment as you contribute to build ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners’ position in this highly innovative and rapidly evolving market. We are looking for someone able to positively support the Kenya team from day one and help us capitalise on our leading position in this space. The opportunity for entry into the carbon market and significant personal development is there for the taking.
The role is concentrated on supporting low carbon projects for carbon asset development. Initial focus is on energy and safe water access though could potentially move into other sectors (e.g. Nature-Based Solutions) overtime.
The analyst will provide support for the delivery of carbon asset development (CAD) services under internationally recognised voluntary carbon market (VCM) standards.
You will support the team in Kenya and work with the broader experienced company team including Commercial Managers and Portfolio Management colleagues. Reporting into the Carbon Asset Developers, you will be a member of the team delivering highest quality CAD services and in time potentially contributing to the growth of the project development portfolio. In this role, you will be accountable for ensuring timely and efficient delivery of the tasks you are contributing to.
Support the technical ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners team to:
- Deliver CAD services under recognised VCM standards from validation to verification and issuance;
- Work closely with project implementing partners to ensure that implementation is aligned with CAD requirements;
- Contract and work closely with third party auditing firms and VCM standards to ensure efficient and quality outcomes;
- Develop a base commercial understanding of the CAD services you are delivering, focusing on contract delivery on time and within budget, whist maintaining a view of future commercial opportunities with the implementing partner;
- Support the screening of project development opportunities from a technical CAD standpoint, for example - assessing emission reduction potential;
- Contribute to the enhancement of the Project Development team by constructively engaging with the improvement of tools and systems;
- Contribute to the due diligence of energy and safe water access projects from which emission reduction units are potentially being contacted;
- Build and maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant changes in voluntary carbon standards and begin to understand the Article 6 context of the work that you are performing;
- Undertake site visits for any of the work areas as necessary.
CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years’ experience in working in Climate Change related work;
- A degree, ideally a masters, in a relevant field such as Climate Change, Environmental Management or equivalent;
- Proven exposure to the topics of carbon markets and the carbon project cycle from registration to issuance is preferable;
- Entry knowledge about key elements of the carbon development process such as baselines, field data collection and analysis, calculation of carbon benefits, and community engagement;
- An appreciation for the context of Carbon Markets within the broader Paris Agreement and Article 6 context.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO
- Is interested in carving out a career in the carbon project development space and is looking for an entry level role;
- Has a strong attention to detail;
- Is a good communicator both verbally and written;
- Can manage competing priorities and is respectful of others’ time in a busy organisation;
- Sets high standards for ethical behaviour;
- Is a proactive in the work space, looking to take on heighten responsibilities and be solution led.
How to apply
If you are interested in the role and meet the above criteria, apply here.
We help organisations turn their climate responsibilities into positive impacts by supporting projects that cut carbon and improve people’s lives.
150+ years combined industry experience
100+ million tonnes co2e avoided or removed by the group