Join Our Team
- See the latest vacancies and learn more about why you should work for us
Carbon Project Development Analyst
- Location:Oxford/London. Flexible working arrangements can be discussed for the right candidate.
- Type:Full-time, permanent
- Salary:Dependent on experience
- Reports To:Director of Nature-Based Solutions
The role is focused on supporting the Project Development business in evaluating and delivering Nature-Based Solutions and Energy (e.g. cookstoves, distributed solar, clean water) projects under recognised voluntary carbon standards. Project Development is a rapidly growing part of our business as our our clients seek to develop new projects as part of a portfolio to meet their climate and wider corporate objectives. We are expanding our award-winning project development capability to respond to the growing client demand and drive future growth.
You will work closely with an experienced project development team and Portfolio Management colleagues providing management information, supporting the origination and evaluation of new projects through due diligence and targeted research and enable the efficient running of a rapidly growing team.
Reporting into the Director of Nature-Based Solutions, you will be at the centre of accelerating the growth of ClimateCare’s international carbon project development portfolio, building on our leading reputation as a voluntary carbon project developer.
- Managing a project database and presenting weekly and monthly reports for the Project Development team, requiring close working with team members
- Supporting the Project Development team in a variety of activities such as market research (e.g. country policies, voluntary carbon standards), project due diligence, project origination, preparing marketing collateral, supporting client proposal preparation.
- Developing and helping to improve and implement governance and reporting processes for a rapidly growing team.
- The role will evolve as you build experience and demonstrate what you can do!
Capabilities and experience:
- 1-2 years’ work experience in a relevant setting, ideally in a commercial environment.
- Degree in environmental science, environmental management, ecology, forestry helpful but others considered.
- Experience in research, analysis, presenting information and insights from analysis in a variety of written and graphical formats.
- Experience in providing management information an advantage.
- Experience supporting investment cases or business cases an advantage.
- Experience of conservation, forestry, renewables or carbon markets an advantage.
- Strong excel and powerpoint skills.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a strong attention to accuracy and detail; highly organised.
- Is able to frame a problem/request, synthesise information, ask the right questions and pull out insights to inform decision making.
- Is able to communicate in a structured, clear and concise way to different audiences.
- Is proactive, thinks ahead, takes ownership of a challenge and looks to find solutions and opportunities.
- Can manage competing priorities and is respectful of others’ time in a busy organisation.
- Sets high standards for ethical behaviour.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leader in the voluntary carbon market and carbon project development, and UK’s leading B Corporation that is growing rapidly, and to be at the centre of the propositions driving that growth. You will benefit from a highly collegiate, ‘one team’ working environment as you build ClimateCare’s position in this highly innovative and rapidly evolving market. We are looking for someone able to make an impact from day one and help us capitalise on our leading position in this space. The opportunity for significant personal and professional development is there for the taking!
If you are interested in the role and meet the above criteria, please apply via our application system.
We help organisations turn their climate responsibilities into positive impacts by supporting projects that cut carbon and improve people’s lives.
150+ years combined industry experience
100 million tonnes co2e avoided or removed by the group